From one High Street to the next, the buy local movement is changing the way small businesses exist in their communities.
We would like to make a difference to ours.
Take a pledge to Shop Local | Spend Local | Play Local
For video pledges click here
21st-28th of September 2019.
We ask you to hold up your virtual hand, in this mission to support your fellow small business, the business being dreamt up by your friend or neighbour. We ask you to pledge your commitment to shop local exclusively during Traders Week.
Update your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the ‘I pledge to SHOP LOCAL’ image
From Saturday 21 – Saturday 28 September, Muswell Hill will be holding its first ever Traders Week. Organised by Muswell Business (Muswell Hill Trading Association) the week will showcase the area’s vibrant community of shops, cafes, restaurants and businesses and encourage people to make a pledge to shop local.
The traders week will be launched by leader of Haringey Council on Saturday 21 September in St James Square, at “Meet the Traders” event (12-3), and during the week a host of activities will take place including:
- I Pledge to Shop Local: local residents will be invited to make a formal pledge to shop local, and only local, for the entire week and the chance to win a hamper of products supplied by local businesses.
- a treasure hunt for all the family supported by Cachao Toys
- Best-Dressed Shop Window competition
- special offers and promotions
- Meet your Traders – photo exhibition (library and two other locations tbc)
- Guided walks
- Nominate a business or get your business nominated in the very first WAVE award, celebrating inclusive businesses in Muswell Hill
Festivities will culminate on [Saturday 28 September] with the Muswell Hill Creatives Market for artists, designers and makers in St James Square. Alongside the market, hamper and treasure hunt winners will be announced.
If you would like to get involved please email email@example.com